Friday 4 January 2013

A Trail of Hidden Words


This past year I feel that I have become disconnected from my blog, so I thought since the new year has begun I shall share various projects I have been involved with. A project that I am desperately wanting to share on here is A Trail of Hidden Words, a project that was made possible through funding given to me by IdeasTap, a creative website that helps fund and help young people to achieve. I had a idea to bring young writers together in my local town of Scarborough, they would share their personal views about the town in the most honest way possible and then display them for members of the public. IdeasTap awarded me funding for this which was great, finally I could give the town something juicy to feast their eyes upon instead of reading up on the latest crimes and court appeals that constantly seem to make the headlines. I decided to get 5 local writers involved that varied from songwriters to poets, each then supplied me with existing and new content to work from. 

I decided to host this project in one of Scarborough's best kept gardens, The Italian Gardens of South Cliff, and have it run for just one evening making the trail exclusive and limited. The trail had 22 lazer cut panels hung from various places and the garden was magically lit up, creating a mystical and tranquil atmosphere for the public to engage with. Overall the night was a huge success, getting people to question and rethink their judgement and opinion of the town. Huge thanks has to be given to all 5 writers that were involved, James Koppert, Jamie McGary, Ben Sullivan, Lee Simpson and Martyn Hughes. 
Photos by David Ruston/ Rusty Imaging 




























No comments:

Post a Comment